SWANA International Board - Nov 2004 Meeting Report
By Laurie Batchelder Adams
- August chapter dues payments will not be sent until October (versus September) because of WasteCon
- IB Members will beta test the new CEU feature on the SWANA website – so this will be rolled out to the rest of the membership “shortly”
- Applied Research Collection Benchmarking – need 30-40 more public subscribers who provide municipal collection (if not reached by end of FY05 project will be abandoned)
- SWANA looking for funding to support amicus brief on EPA RD&D ruling – several chapters (incl Colorado) are supporting
- 17 chapters extended their loans to SWANA by the August deadline – the IB voted to cease this phase of the loan program (no further loans or extensions will be accepted)
- While FY 04 was generally a good year, areas for improvement included WasteCon 2003, the WRRC/C&T Symposia and E-business revenues
- Question was raised (no concrete solutions) on how to help chapters like those in CA maintain all the new members who have signed up during their MOLO efforts
- State of CA considering landfill certification – which would obviously be a big boon to an already successful chapter partnering effort
- AZ chapter working to make one of the OSHA workshops bi-lingual this summer
- SWANA store will move from Yahoo to solely SWANA enterprise in FY05
- New solid waste technical definitions (T-0) in place
- The mid-year meeting will be held in Boulder following the Landfill/Planning & Management Symposia – June 10-12th
- Willie Black (AZ) is now officially your Region Council One Director, and will be attending all Executive Committee meetings including the winter meeting (held in February)
Geotech Environmental Equipment, Inc.
Ground Water Sampling, Monitoring & Remediation Equipment
Ronald D. Resseguie,
Optimizing resources: water, air, earth
Steve Wampler, P.G., P.E.
Cathryn Stewart, P.G.
Weaver Boos Consultants, LLC
John Briest, P.E.,
Senior Project Manager